Our club meets every Thursday at the Two Rivers Convention Center, at 1st and Main from 12:00 noon to 1:15 p.m. Time is set aside for lunch, fellowship, and to conduct club business. The remainder of the meeting is reserved for a brief, but informative program of general interest to the membership.
We are an active club providing a variety of activities to support Kiwanis International and it’s young children Priority One projects.
Our ongoing activities include:
- Pancake Day -our June fundraiser with proceeds going to local nonprofits that benefit young children.
- Sponsorship of two Key Clubs - local high school youth involved in club leadership and community service projects.
- Co-Sponsorship of the Grand Junction Aktion Club
- Young Student of the Month - honors an outstanding student from each area high school during the school year.
- Camp Kiwanis - providing camp experience to youth with emphasis on underprivileged youth - located on beautiful Grand Mesa.
- Monthly Informal Social Activities
- Sponsor and Host - a Junior College baseball team during the JUCO World Series.
- Annual Rocky Mountain District Governor’s Dinner - to meet our new governor.
- Quarterly Food Drive for the community food bank
- Annual Bell Ringing and member donations to benefit the Salvation Army. We enjoy spirited competition with the Downtown Rotary Club.
- Annual Kiwanis Sponsored Service Club Golf Tournament.
- Periodic Interclub Meetings with our fellow Division 7 members from Black Canyon, Delta, Gunnison, Hotchkiss and Montrose.
- Beef Raffle - Raffle off beef that is purchased at the local 4-H auction.
- Annual Christmas Program for kids and grand kids of club members.
- Annual Christmas Dinner/Dance for members and guests.
- Annual Charter Luncheon to celebrate our club’s original charter and to honor the Kiwanis’ Grand Junction “Citizen of the Year.”
- College Scholarship Programs for outstanding Key Club members. Funded by the annual Kiwanis sponsored Service Club Golf Tournament.
- Red Crawford Scholarship Fund - Scholarships for UTEC Students.
In recent years, proceeds from Pancake Day and Oktoberfest have gone to benefit the following:
- Kids Voting
- Partners of Mesa County
- Senior Scholarship Program
- Mesa Developmental Services
- Grand Valley Catholic Outreach
- Habitat for Humanity
- Marillac Clinic
- Marillac Dental Clinic
- Hospice & Pallative Care of Western Colorado
- Girl Scouts of Chipeta Council
- Special Olympics Colorado
- Western Colorado Math & Science Center
- Girls on the Run
- Western Colorado Suicide Prevention Foundation
- Mesa County Meth Task Force
- Strong Families Safe Kids
- Hilltop Community Resources
- CASA of Mesa County
- Community Food Bank
- Camp Hope at Camp Kiwanis
- West Slope Center for Children